|Incomplete: This article is currently incomplete, including grammar mistakes, empty sections and unfinished sentences. Reader's discretion is advised. Please do not make random edits unless you have a proper information from the source material.|
|Spoiler Alert: This article contains spoilers. Read at your own risk.|
|Zhcted Crisis Arc|
|Side|| Various factions in Zhcted|
Ruslan Faction;Eugene Faction
|Result|| All the Demons except Ganelon are perished. |
Zhcted Civil War is ignited when Tina and Fine gone rouge.
Death of Fine
Silesia is fallen into Tina's hands.
Civil War is still ongoing.
|Light Novel Volumes||Volume 14 (Epilogue)|
Volume 17 (First Part)
Zhcted Crisis Arc is the fifth story arc of Arc Three from Madan no Ou to Vanadis series. This arc primary focuses on an impending chaos in Zhcted when King Viktor declares his son Ruslan-who just miraculously "cured" from his "insanity"-as the new King of Zhcted instead of Eugene, then passes away after succumbing to his old age and deteriorating health. Despite this unexpected outcome, it doesn't halts Tina's scheme in becoming the queen as she uses this as her opportunity to eliminate those who are standing between her and her goal, putting Zhcted into its most dangerous position.
Valentina and Ruslan the Former PrinceEdit
At Silesia Imperial Palace, Tina, who is still staying [Notes 1] at the capital after spending more than ten days reporting her battles at Brune (Sachstein Invasion only), manages to find Silesia Imperial Shrine due to a priest's guidance. After entering the Shrine, Tina visits Ruslan who is sitting in the middle of the floor and seemingly happy by her arrival. After drinking a medicine [Notes 2]given by Tina, Ruslan begins to feel much better before lying onto the ground and falling asleep. After seeing the former prince's slumber, Tina tells him to have a nice dream while thinking her ambitions are almost at her reach.
Seeking Answers about the Mystery of the Black BowEdit
Meanwhile at Brune, Tigre, Elen, Lim, Mila and Sofy are entering into Nice's Royal Library in order to investigate the Black Bow and its relevance with Tir Na Fal and the Demons. Using Sofy's bookmark, everyone split up and find their resources.
Tir Na Fal's Latest VisitEdit
Hostile Reunion between Eleonora and FigneriaEdit
Over the following days, Elen, Tigre, Sofy and Mila enter into Legnica Imperial Palace in order to meet the new Vanadis. Coincidentally, they also meet Olga who smells Tigre's scent out of suspicion that he might've had sex with Elen , but eventually decides to let it go. After Titta joins them, the six follow the attendant into an office and meet Fine. Just as Tigre is introducing himself, however, Elen interrupts by calling Fine out who nonchalantly introduces herself as an 'Alshavin'. Hearing this name, Elen becomes angry [Notes 3] and has to be held back by Tigre. As Sofy introduces herself, she makes Elen and Lim reintroduce themselves. After the introductions are over, however, Fine provokes Elen by asking about her quest in fulfilling the late Vissarion's dream. Hearing this, Elen furiously retorts at Fine not to say the name of her late guardian before being dragged away by everyone[Notes 4] out from the office.
Once outside at Legnica Royal Cemetery, Sofy asks Lim about what happened between Elen and Fine in their past. Lim reluctantly reveals the whole truth surrounding Vissarion's death. When Mila asks Lim if Fine used dirty tricks to win, Lim denies it and claims that she and Elen would not stay silent if she did so; prompting Mila to only say thanks to her[Notes 5] . Reaching Sasha's gravestone, everyone watches as Elen regains her cool and immediately leave the cemetary, leaving the remaining five to pray at Sasha's gravestone. During their praying, Lim recalls her promise to Sasha to protect Elen from herself and predicting that their fight against Fine will be inevitable. In her office, Fine is lamenting about the earlier reunion with Elen opting to ask herself if she is going to fight Elen[Notes 6]. In spite of her doubts, Fine, however, decides that she is looking forward to fighting Elen again in order to settle their score once and for all.
Tensions within SilesiaEdit
Back in Silesia, Ilda is still staying at the imperial palace over Ruslan's miraculous return.
Silesia Imperial Garden IncidentEdit
(To be added...)
Duel's Between Four Vanadises (I)Edit
(To be added...)
Duel's Between Four Vanadises (II) Edit
(To be added...)
Reconciliation Between Eleonora And ElizavetaEdit
Rouge Vanadises's PlotEdit
Meanwhile, Fine is escorted to her prison with soldiers surrounding her[Notes 7]. After meeting Tina, the two discuss their failure in assassinating Sofy and Liza, as well Tigre's intervention. Fine tells Tina about her shock for witnessing Tigre's prowess, especially his archery skill, prompting Tina teases her if she like Tigre[Notes 8]. Regardless, Tina tells Fine that not killing Tigre will save them from trouble and when Fine asks if the consequences do more harm than deteriorating Zhcted's diplomatic relationship with Brune, Tina replies by mentioning her story about the Black Bow but Fine doesn't seems to be interested[Notes 9] to hear it. When Fine asks her what to do next, Tina response by keep waiting for a right opportunity. While Tina reads a book, Fine goes to sleep instead.
Ruslan arrives and visits both Tina and Fine due to his concern about Tigre's involvement. He firstly asks Tina about the informant whom she lies as an Earl named Igor, son to the late Kazakov who resented Elen and Liza over his father's death. Ruslan then turns attention to Fine and tells her that he had to give her a proper punishment due to an earlier incident, despite her position as a new Vanadis. Regardless, Fine apologizes to Ruslan and accept the punishment. Thus, the two Vanadises will be imprisoned for a time being.
Tigrevurmud and RuslanEdit
Somewhere at a dorm, Gaspar, Gerard and Damad are discussing about Tigre who has not yet return from Sofy's mansion. The three begin to walk to Silesia's streets and find something to eat. While Gaspar and Gerard are worried over an incident that involving the Vanadises and Tigre, Damad suggests to take Tigre back to Brune by force but his suggestion is scrapped because both Gaspar and Gerard know Tigre's stubbornness. Driven by curiosity, Gerard asks Damad if he is planning to return to Muozinel, to which Damad replies that he did heard the news about his home kingdom via an information from local merchants.
At Polesia, Sofy's house is full with visitors due to Ruslan's arrival. After meeting Sofy, Ruslan then visits Liza-who has just gotten up from her bed. Felling glad to see her safe, the King also apologizes over what happened at Imperial Garden and promises her that he will investigate the case. Despite her anger towards Fine, Liza forgives Ruslan[Notes 10]. Later, Ruslan tells Sofy to prepare his room because he wishes to speak with Tigre. Awaken by Titta, Tigre also going to meet Ruslan.
Ruslan thanks Tigre for rescuing Liza but Tigre replies that it is because she is his both benefactor and comrade, opting the future king to wonder Tigre's relationship with the Vanadises. After hearing Tigre's stories, Ruslan attempts on rewarding Tigre as his gratitude but Tigre instead asks him about Tina, to which Ruslan assumes the incident was related to Eugene. While telling Tigre about one childhood lore[Notes 11], Ruslan recalls his 8 years of agony and loneliness due to his heart disease and Tina's contribution [Notes 12] for his health and return to Silesia. Believing Tina is important to Ruslan despite her shady intentions, Tigre apologizes to the king [Notes 13] for his suspicions. Ruslan then reveals his dream is to bring fairness to the Vanadises without discriminating his supporters.
To prevent Ruslan from alienating Tina, Tigre suggests to go hunting. Ruslan then asks Tigre if he invites everyone [Notes 14]for the winter season hunting, but the latter shakes his head and planning on using the king's former hunting ground. This prompts Ruslan to question Tigre's motive, to which the latter reveals that he is arranging a meeting between the king and Eugene. Ruslan then laments everything about Eugene and their complicated relationships. Ruslan then asks Tigre if he can be his friend so they can know each other. Hesitated at first, Tigre agrees to be Ruslan's friend.
Figneria's Hidden AmbitionsEdit
Under Ruslan's permission, Tigre and Lim are allowed to visit Fine without Elen[Notes 15]. Rather than cooperate with her "visitors", Fine ignores Lim and requests Tigre to tell her about himself. Despite Lim's frustrations, Tigre tells Fine anyway [Notes 16] until Fine asks him about his archery skill, further growing Lim' impatience[Notes 17]. Still, Tigre replies by mentioning his 400 Alsins arrow shot which shocks Fine so much to the point she "jokingly" deeming Tigre as a best mercenary material. Finding Tigre's honest answers impressive, Fine then asks him the last question about his victory even after shooting a near-fatal shot at his target, which Tigre replies[Notes 18] that all is matters when he got his prey and firmly believes his arrow carrying his mettle. Satisfied by Tigre's answers, Fine finally agrees to talk to Lim and the interrogation begins.
Lim asks Fine about her attack onto Liza but the latter denies and claims the order came from an "informer". This leads to Lim's two suspicions: First of all, Fine herself didn't explained properly to Tigre about what happened that night; Secondly, her ominous alliance with Tina over one deal that opted her not caring the consequences of her actions[Notes 19]. Fine however nonchalantly replies that it was because of a rumor about Eugene's "treachery" and insists the incident with Liza was to "test" her ability[Notes 20]. Lim however distrusts Fine but proposing her position as a mediator on a behalf of both Legnica and Eugene, only hear Fine's retort in regards her "miscalculation" and her suggestion is rejected. This causes Lim accusing Fine in fulfilling her hidden ambition[Notes 21] which Fine denies by claiming a Vanadis has no right to do such thing, leaving the interrogation stuck in a deadlock. Regardless, Tigre informs Fine a message about the Demons which she initially finds it confusing [Notes 22]and thinks it as a "trick". Tigre however replies that every Vanadis-including her late predecessor Sasha-has at least encountered and fought one, causing Fine to fell suddenly sick. Tigre then apologizes and tells her to remember this message. After thinking for a while, Fine reluctantly agrees.
After leaving the Imperial Palace, Tigre and Lim are getting something to eat. While eating and walking, Tigre asks Lim about Fine's dream but Lim instead asks him back if he knows about Vissarion's, to which Tigre replies via Elen's description. Lim explains that Vissarion has influenced both Elen and Fine but the latter yearned to establish a militarized kingdom [Notes 23]. Tigre is shocked to hear this and feels Fine's dream is insane. Lim however urges Tigre not to be misunderstood because she feels that unlike Fine, he has finally finds his own ideals in his path and she is happy for it. Their discussion continues as Lim suspects Fine's attempts in becoming a ruler but had to hold back for some reason, but it doesn't ease her concerns as she explains to Tigre that Fine has different ways in befriending her "allies"[Notes 24]. Since he wouldn't approves Fine's thinking, Tigre tells Lim that he is glad he can help but Lim replies that without him, she will never get answers from Fine and vows to repay his kindness.
Reunion With Rurick and GasparEdit
Ganelon's Revelation onto Tir Na Fal's OriginEdit
Hunting That Gone WrongEdit
Aftermath Since the HuntEdit
Confrontation with ValentinaEdit
After visiting Ruslan, the trio of Tigre, Gaspar and Rurick are now heading towards Sofy's mansion. Suddenly, they confront a hooded-stranger who calls out Tigre's name and when Gaspar demands her[Notes 25] to identify herself because she refuses to full off her hood, Tigre tells him to leave both him and the stranger alone. In spite their suspicions, both Gaspar and Ruslan reluctantly comply and leave. The hooded figure then reveals herself to be Tina who is delighted to see Tigre again. Just as Tigre asks her motive, Tina tells him that she needs to talk with him but at another place because of the rain. Tigre begrudgingly complies and, with the power of the (real) Ezendeis which has been hidden so long, Tina grabs Tigre's arms and teleport both of them to her prison.
Tina explains her attack onto Sofy was due to their conflicted standpoint, which Tigre find it vile and warns her that she will never get any benefit from him if she still planning on harming Sofy and Liza. Tigre then asks Tina about her motive which she reply that it is to ensuring Osterode's prosperity by consolidating more political power. She also yearns on changing the Vanadis system by having at least two Vanadises [Notes 26] at the king's side while supervising the remaining 5 Vanadises. When Tigre remains unconvinced[Notes 27], Tina persuades him to declare neutrality with an exchange of information about Ganelon and his whereabouts. For the people he cared for however, Tigre rejects Tina's request and when Tina tells him that his "selfish" cause will drag Brune, he states that he will overcome his ordeal as long he has everyone at his side[Notes 28] , much to Tina's disappointment. Tigre then asks Tina if she knew Ruslan's dire conditions, to which she reveals that the medicine she gave Ruslan has side effects and then warns him that the king's days will be numbered if his health keeps on deteriorating.
Zhcted's Descend into Civil WarEdit
(To be added...)
Lebus Army vs. Polus Army's RemnantsEdit
Tigrevurmud Departure And Eugene's CaptureEdit
Figneria's Declaration of WarEdit
After her escape from Silesia, Fine reaches Legnica Imperial Palace and gathers every ministers in a meeting and declare war on Leitmeritz. Against her ministers' plea[Notes 29], Fine brushes it off by lying about Eugene's "rebellion" and deeming Elen (along with Liza and Sofy) as enemy because of he alignment with the "traitor" that resulted her imprisonment. As the ministers are confused but partially convinced as they thinking about Elen's sudden reconciliation with Liza, she further tells everyone that Elen's death shall bring "justice" to Zhcted. Eventually, her ministers kowtow to Fine and approves [Notes 30] her war against Leitmeritz without realizing their Vanadis's hidden ambitions.
Eleonora and Limalisha vs. FigneriaEdit
(To be added...)
Lebus Army's ReinforcementEdit
(To be added...)
Figneria's Injury and SuicideEdit
Back to Elen and Fine, despite her army's low morale Fine still continues to fight as she plotting on defeating both Elen and Liza at the same battlefield. The duel becomes increasingly fiercer when two Vanadises give their all in this duel where Elen counters Fine's Fran Roth with Ley Adimos. Before Fine even retaliate however, Elen charges towards her and slashes Fine's torso before falling onto the ground. Despite her best effort, Fine fails as she suffers Arifar's slash that cut her right shoulder through her ribs, causing her to bleed while standing. Whilst remembering her memories with Vissarion, Fine also watches Elen remain hesitant to kill her despite her narrow victory. So she commits suicide by burning herself to death with Bargren's fire, without leaving even her boy's ashes behind. With Fine's suicide, Elen declares Leitmeritz Army's victory that finally crushing Legnica Army's remaining morale, leaving Stephan no choice but to surrender. The following aftermath leaving both armies suffer their worst casualties of death and injury combined, with Legnica Army suffer the most bitter than Leitmeritz Army.
Elen's Interaction with LimEdit
(To be added...)
Strange Violet SkiesEdit
Just as Liza and Olga leave the camp however, Elen sees the sky turns purple despite it's only afternoon. To makes things even more compelling, Elen also becoming horrified to see soldiers from Lebus Army becoming increasingly sick after witnessing the purple skies. Liza immediately rushes and Elen and and she too watching the purple skies due to both Valitsaif and Muma resonate violently. Assuming Tir Na Fal may be the source of this phenomenon, Elen tells Liza to pick up any capable generals from her ranks immediately and praying Tigre for safety.
Meanwhile at Silesia, immediately after Tigre's departure Miron orders Eugene to be capture over an accusation of him "allying" with Muozinel to invade Zhcted. At Osterode, Tina has makes all the preparations she need and she is leading her army to invade Silesia.
- Zhcted Civil War
- For the first time since its 300 years of establishment, Zhcted is facing its confronting it's worst crisis when King Viktor passes away after announcing Ruslan's enthronement as the new King of Zhcted, of which strongly favoring Tina for her scheme in becoming the Queen of Zhcted through conspiracies and manipulation along with her new and prominent ally Fine.
- History could repeat itself as this situation baring resemblance towards Zhcted's foundation that was made by the war of the tribes around Zhcted before the appearance of the Incarnation of the Black Dragon.
- While their flashback is shown in Melisande's Uprising Arc, Elen and Fine are reunited for the first time but as bitter rivals/archenemies as the former is still unable to forgive Vissarion killer that causing his death and the dissolution of the Silver Gale Mercenaries. Fine's provocation[Notes 31] about Vissarion's dream only escalating Elen's hatred for her. The incident in Silesia Imperial Garden that involving Fine ultimately brings the final straw to their rivalry as the two are going to settle their score in Boroszlo Plains, the same place where Elen fought against Liza during Brune Civil War.
- Lim is also effected by this reunion because she, like Elen, disliked Fine because of Vissarion's death and the Silver Gale Mercenaries's disbandment. The incident in Silesia Imperial Garden opting her to question Fine's motives to the point she even accusing her for fulfilling her own dream of building her kingdom of hegemony that is contrasts with Vissarion's kingdom of peace. Ultimately, this also leads to Lim's feud with Fine alongside with Elen at Boroszlo Plains.
- With the deaths of Drekavac and Vodyanoy[Notes 32], Ganelon is the only surviving demon throughout the story and aiming to summon Tir Na Fal and attempting to absorb both her and her powers.
- Tir Na Fal's backstory and her earlier role in the human realm are revealed via Ganelon's information during his visit to Tina.
- The fallout of the Silesia Imperial Garden Incident only further instigating Zhcted's civil war since its 300 years, indicating Tina and Fine are now going rouge in order to achieve their quests of ambition.
- Nearly five Vanadises now viewing Tina and Fine as dangerous threats to everyone especially Eugene[Notes 33] and Ruslan.
- Even under house arrest by Ruslan, Tina and Fine still continuing their scheme anyways by manipulating everyone in Silesia, including Ruslan, respective supporters of either Eugene and Ruslan, Miron and even one of Muozinel princes that will put Zhcted into chaos.
- Various factions from different affiliations are established by various noblemen and aristocrats in Zhcted and fighting against each other over a ongoing dispute about Zhcted's true ruler. What makes situation even worst however is nobody except Tigre and the five active Vanadises realize that all of the events that taking place are under Tina's manipulations. It takes around four Vanadises to quell the rebellion separately.
- A true reconciliation between Elen and Liza since the Baba Yaga Arc is finally taking shape when the former visiting the latter at Sofy's house, and the Rainbow-Eyed Vanadis's reminder to her friend in regards their first meeting when she covering her left eye.
- Liza's information about her duel with Fine almost prompting Elen to confront Fine only to be stopped by Tigre who reminds her not to be intoxicated by vengeance, just like how she stopped him from hating Thenardier at Mereville Field.
- Tigre himself is involved into Zhcted affair[Notes 34] where he not only narrowly rescuing Liza from her possible demise by Fine, and because of this he outright against Tina's neutrality for the sake of his important peers around him.
- Due to Tigre's involvement, Ruslan meets Tigre for the first time and becomes friends after hearing the latter story about his relationship with the Vanadises in Zhcted.
- Without anyone is capable enough to stop the Vanadises from waging war against each other [Notes 35], Zhcted will be left on a vulnerable state where it can be attacked via internally (supporters of both Ruslan and Eugene) and externally (Muozinel Army), and its damage could be estimated to be even worse than Brune's own civil war[Notes 36] due to insurgencies[Notes 37] and conspiracies in the kingdom.
- Tallard will possibly heard about this Civil War and since Sofy note that if Tallard will not waste the chance to quench his ambition to become King of Asvarre de jure and leaving him unchecked, he can launch the invasion to Zhcted to weakened Zchted further despite Asvarre is already occupied with Asvarre-Sachstein Campaign.
- Elen's main plot regarding of the Vanadis selecting their "King" that she mentioned during Tigre's life as a prisoner can come to fruition in later arc, this will foreshadow Tigre's future role since he was trusted by Five Vanadis and they are willing to take command from him.
- The Black Bow's origin are later play the pivotal role once Tir Na Fal made the revelation about the Black Bow itself to confirm the lore regarding to the Black Bow itself.
- If the lore proven that the Black bow is the rightful heir of Zhcted Throne, Tigre will be officially selected as heir of Zhcted Throne through Black Bow which is same like how the Vanadis are selected by the Viralts.[Notes 38]
- The aftermath of Leitmeritz-Legnica Campaign after Fine's suicide have affecting nearly everyone, especially for Elen, Lim, Liza and even soldiers from both Leitmeritz Army and Legnica Army.
- For Lim and Elen, their hatred against Fine has finally over despite they didn't have a chance to avenge Vissarion's death.
- Rurick will be most likely take over Lim's position as Elen's adjutant due to Lim's ascension as Vanadis and he is the one that has close relationship with Tigre and Elen than the other Leitmeritz Generals.
- With Lim ascended as Vanadis, it is unknown whether Lim reports to Ruslan or Tigre due to the regulation of new Vanadis that must report to the King[Notes 39].
- This Zhcted Crisis can be fact as a battle between three sides and each have their own motives. Tigre's allies which was Sofy, Olga, Mila, Elen and Liza as the first force with intention to quell the civil war as soon as possible with minimum casualties[Notes 40], Tina, Fine and Zhcted Nobles that supports Ruslan as Second Force with unknown intention and Drekavac as the third force that wishes to capture Tigre alive.
- Tigre's pressure of mediation between Vanadises will be increased, this time he need to stop the large scale war personally especially he need to make Tina submit or surrender[Notes 41] and reconcile to prevent war between Leitmeritz and Legnica by finding a best way to mediate Elen and Fine.[Notes 42]
- Moonlight Knights will be participated in this battle, similar to Silver Meteor Army where the Army purpose is to defend Alsace but ultimately to quell Brune Civil War. This time since Tigre need to preserve his allies and preventing further casualties, he will bring Moonlight Knights to quell Zhcted Civil War but the scale of difficulty was higher than Brune Civil War. [Notes 43]