|Anime | Manga | Light Novel
(After Alsace Rescue)
(Honored by Kureys after repelling Muozinel's Invasion)
(Honored by King Faron of Brune after end of Brune's Civil War)
The Bow (by Demons)
Urs (Amnesic State)
|Age||16 (Arc One)|
17 (Arc Two)
18 (Arc Three)
|Birth Place||Alsace, Brune|
|Occupation||Feudal Lord of Alsace|
Stable Boy, Lebus (Brief; Former, as Urs)
Adviser to Vanadis of Lebus (Former, as Urs)
Self-Declared Mediator Between Vanadis Elizaveta & Eleonora
Supreme Commander (Silver Meteor Army, Moonlight Knights Army & Brune Army)
|Position & Rank||Earl of Alsace|
Silver Meteor Army Supreme Commander
Adviser to Vanadis of Lebus (Former, as Urs)
Moonlight Knights Supreme Commander
Brune Army Supreme Commander
|Weapon||Vorn Black Bow|
Lebus Army (as Urs)
Zhcted (Guest Initial)
|Japanese Seiyū||Kaito Ishikawa (Adult)|
Asami Seto (Child)
|English Voice||Joel McDonald|
Tigrevurmud Vorn, also known as Tigre, is the male protagonist of Madan no Ou no Vanadis series. He is the Earl of the territory Alsace (also his hometown). After Brune's horrible defeat in Dinant Plains he was captured by a Vanadis, Eleonora Viltaria, and held captive when he was unable to pay a hefty ransom. Ironically, Elen became Tigre's primary support and he became one of Silver Meteor Army proficient generals, while becoming a third force in Brune's Civil War against Felix Aaron Thenardier and Maximilian Bennusa Ganelon. He later became a renowned war hero for ending Brune's civil war.
After Torbalan's ambush, Tigre had drifted-off to an unknown shore, Tigre suffered an amnesia and since then lived as Urs. Under this moniker, he encountered Elizaveta Fomina and later became her 1st hand-picked subordinate until his encounters and battle against Baba Yaga where he started to regain his memory.
Tigre has the appearance of an adult male teenager (16-18 years). He is above average in height and has a tall, lean figure. Generally, Tigre is seen in a green tunic with simple brown leather armor and carries a curved bow. He has red hair and large, innocent looking hazel eyes.
Tigre is a righteous man of valor and justice, and will protect Alsace from any enemy threats, out of filial responsibility and love for his people rather than loyalty to the crown. Unlike the Brune's other aristocrats and nobles, Tigre lives a humble and frugal life and treats his people with respect and benevolence, as if they are his family and friends. His love for Alsace is so strong that he is willing to defend it all costs, he will even risk his life to do so and even constantly refuses to become Elen's subordinate (as Urs however, due to his amnesia, he accepted Liza's offer instead). However, when he was captured as a prisoner of war by Elen after Brune's defeat, Tigre suffered an undeniable dilemma where he had to choose between his hometown (in Brune) or a compassionate Vanadis (though his status as "traitor" forced him to live in exile from his country until his victory over Duke Thenardier is achieved). Due to his immense kindness, honesty, perseverance and selflessness, Tigre is beloved and respected almost by anyone including the Vanadis and aristocrats across the continent.
Despite his bravery and valor in battle, Tigre has a lazy personality depicted from his habit of sleeping wherever he goes. He prefers hunting over military matters. His sleepy face often becomes a plaything for most of his female peers, especially the Vanadis, Elen and Mila who find it cute.
However, due to his refined skill and experience as as a hunter, Tigre gets on alert and wake up immediately in the presence of a hostile individual. He once managed to pin down Elen and draw a knife before her even when he was sleeping just a moment earlier.
Tigre is often unflinching in battle and calm under pressure, usually taking his time and aiming properly with his bow even when the enemy is charging. He is also capable of forming complex strategies aimed at killing enemy commanders without suffering major causalities of his forces, while eliminating the numerical advantage of his opposition.
Example: Liberation of Agnes
Even when he lost his memories, Tigre's personality remained unchanged, and he (as Urs) wasn't too bothered by his stiff situation and didn't complain that much.
Tigre can effectively utilize the soldiers he has and can analyse the battlefield to discover all strategic locations (to strike back, bluffing, ambush or even stealth assault). This make him a brilliant field tactician due to the success of his tactics, such as gaining total victory over the enemy that far outnumbers his army. Because of his personalities and attributes, Tigre has undertaken many unofficial positions [these include: a mediator between Zhcted and Brune and a Vanadis Mediator (as he didn't want to see his fellow allies such as Mila and Elen bickering while he's present and Sofy is not around) while later his caliber makes him worth as a King by King Viktor.
The Vorn Family flag & crest has a white crescent-moon and meteor on a blue background.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
- Master Archer: A genius archer,Tigre's skill with the bow and arrows beyond excellent, he has the longest range in the entire continent with a normal bow (the average range is 150 Alsin, Tigre can shoot far beyond 300 Alsin) with tremedously precise accuracy, from shooting fast moving small animals or minute kinks in the armor from afar to even deviating an arrow from other archers. Additionally, he can shoot up to three arrows at once with it while riding a horse. Due to this credibility, Tigre was even dubbed as a "monster" in archery by both enemies and allies alike. Unfortunately for Tigre, he isn't much proficient with any other weaponry despite his strong skills in archery. Although, he also has refined hunting skills, which he commonly applies to his tactics in battle.
- Master Hunter: Tigre is a highly accomplished hunter, doing so for leisure and sport. Even seasoned hunters are amazed by his abilities when he easily kills large beasts alone that they cannot do so in groups. Tigre can apply hunting skills in warfare,aiming to expose the enemy's commander(s) and kill them with his own skills to give his men a fighting chance.
- Unarmed Combat: Six months after the Brune Civil War, Tigre is shown on multiple occasions to have become very skilled at subduing opponents without resorting to lethal force, such as his bow, knife and even stones. At one point he was able to grab an assailant's fist, twist it to subdue him and then trip him over into his ally, subduing two people at once. Much later, he was able to easily defeat up to three men in a horse stables, on both occasions, Tigre was neither scratched by his assailants nor broke a sweat in bringing them down.
- Senses and Reflexes: Due to his time as a hunter Tigre has developed a very strong sense of danger, such that he will immediately awaken in the presence of a hostile killing intent, with the sole exception of the Vanadis Valentina, to date. This reaction speed is evidently enough to catch another Vanadis like Elen off guard when she used it to wake him up. Tigre's visual prowess is also notable, given his accuracy with the bow when hitting targets more than 300 Alsin away, and shooting down an opposing arrow. His sense of danger is by no means limited to when he is asleep, as he is shown capable of noticing a hostile arrow, grabbing it in mid-air on reflex and then firing it straight back at its user. His sense of nature is also unnatural as he can take a shot or not just by reading the wind's direction itself.
- Master Strategist: Because of his refined skill as a hunter, Tigre was excels at the ambush and guerrilla warfare while also able to overcome overwhelming odds by defeating the Commander to broke the enemies morale. Throughout the story he develop more further strategies that can overwhelm the odds which makes him as a worthy opponent noted by Kureys and Leonhardt.Tigre's commanding abilities are initially sub par, more due to lack of personal need however and formal education on his part than any lack of talent. After being taught such tactics and trade by Lim and Elen, Tigre begins to show exceptional skill and talent as a military commander. Additionally, while collaborating with the Vanadis, Tigre learns how to handle field combat and sieges with complete ease as evidenced in the siege on Fort Lux. His tactical brilliance has been displayed by more than once holding ground against forces far superior to his own without relying on the powers of his bow. Having ruled over a small territory peacefully for two years, Tigre also has skills in resolving conflict and finance, both of which can easily translate over to military, this skill is further enforced by Lim, who talks to him about the expenses of war and need to maintain troop loyalty and moral. He is also a talented negotiator, resolving conflicts within his army and territory, as well as securing himself powerful allies such as the Vanadis on multiple occasions that was further reinforced by Mila that taught Tigre further about negotiation. Tigre's main tactics are usually centered around taking out the enemy's commander with his bow, effectively disrupted their chain of command and sending them into panic. When this strategy alone is not an option, he would skillfully employ the environmental and forms of psychological warfare, such as reading his enemy's tactics or convincing them they're actually fighting a force superior to what he actually possessed.Ever since Tigre leading Silver Meteor Army on various battles, he can rally his troops above 5,000 or more and placing them under his command. He also able to command Vanadis on several battle throughout strategy that requires Vanadis to fight at certain area. Despite Tigre was on other Army such as Tallard's Army or Lebus Army, his feat of being a commander remain unchanged as he was trusted in every army he participate as a General.
- Master of Stealth: Because of his natural ability as a hunter, he can conceal his presence to a certain extent where he cannot be detected by wild animals or enemies until he make a shot. He also uses this abilities on the warfare which makes him able to slip past through enemy guards undetected.
- Field Expertise: His prowesness of analyzing the field was second to none as he can make a perfect assessment on how to deal with opponents and using the terrain for advantage. With some brief intel, he already able to calculate things will be going since he was a refined hunter that can predict where the enemy are going or even reading the terrain for his advantage. He can also read the wind speed that able him to judge whether he can assassinate the enemy commander from 300 alsins or not. Weather, time and field enable him to formulate strategy that can deceive enemy such as deceiving Muozinel's Army on first invasion utilizing the closed terrain and sun angle to create illusion of 6000 Army while the actual number is only 10% of it.
Weapons and Equipment Edit
- Vorn Black Bow: Tigre's signature weapon and House Vorn's heirloom. He discovered the power of The Black Bow during the Battle of Molsheim as he used it with the aid of Arifal to shoot down Zion's along with the Wyvern dragon. His first consciously used the power of Black Bow when Tir Na Fal possessed Titta and told Tigre to shoot her (during their campaign against Navarre Knights). Throughout the story the Black Bow power was fully awakened when he fired it to the sky after he was enraged and saddened over Bertrand's death. The Black Bow itself becomes the main attention of the demons as they want Tigre and the Black Bow due to Tigre as a current Master of the Black Bow itself.
Ever since he used Arifal's power as a supplement to the Black Bow's power when he killed Zion, Tigre has often been granted supplementary powers by the Viralts.
- "Vorn" is a German word for "Front" while "Tigre" is a word for "Tiger" in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and French.
- There is a running gag that Tigre's sleepy face became a tease subject almost by anyone, especially Elen (also other Vanadis as well) who found his sleepy face cute while tending to use the "drastic measures" (usually fan service jokes) to wake him up should any effort proven to no avail.
- Because of this, some of his peers (especially Elen) even try to think of strategies to wake up Tigre, which only proved to be even more difficult when they saw him pin down Elen via his (hunters) instincts. Staggeringly, according to Bertrand himself, Tigre's sleeping habits itself also become a gag to even Alsace residents and his peers.
- Interestingly, there is another running gag is that Tigre will always see a prominent woman (mostly Vanadis) naked once, or get caught in a compromising position with them even if he is completely unaware or asleep (evidenced in Volume 2 where he was unaware that Elen sets a trap for Mila on the hot spring, seeing her naked as he enters the hot spring expecting it to be empty to take a bath, and Volume 5 where he gets a handful of Valentina's breast while he is fast asleep, causing her to be livid yet intrigued over his "sense of danger").
- Because of many such accidents, Tigre has often got beaten up and Lim was noted as the most frequent female to beat Tigre up, while Mila beat him up just once because of Elen's trap.
- Throughout the story, Tigre is the only main character who encounters directly all types of Dragon despite not defeating all of them, from the Earth Dragon, Wyvern, Sea Dragon, Double-Headed Dragon to the Fire Drake.
- Both Elen and Regin have consider many of Tigre's feats as miracles. Regin even admitted she did not think Tigre would die after hearing about his "disappearance".
- To date, Tigre is the first (non-Vanadis) and only non-Zhcted person to became a "Mediator between two Vanadises" Eleonora & Elizaveta.
- Because of his mediation and presence on the Vanadis, all Vanadis that was his prominent allies change their feud to more passive to gain his affection to avoid troubling him further. He notably ended Leitmeritz-Olmutz traditional feud and Elen-Liza's personal feud without putting much effort to it.
- Surprisingly, even as one of the aristocrats of Brune (Earl of Alsace) Tigre is poor in dancing.
- Tigre currently is the only commander that commands armies from two kingdoms which was Brune and Zhcted's army together in one Army under his command (Silver Meteor Army and Moonlight Knights).
- To date, Tigre has unofficially become one of Brune's new generation of heroes after Roland, Faron and Thenardier due to his decisive tactics, reputation as Hero of Brune and Lumiere and his cooperation with Zhcted as ally. However despite his heroic deeds that earned his reputation, Tigre has yet to be recognized as Brune Hero by people from Brune due to false charges and accusations of "treachery" against Brune. Currently Sachstein, Zhcted and Muozinel admit Tigre as a Brune Hero while other nations include Brune have not yet officially accepted it.
- Kureys admits Tigre as a Brune Hero via his remarks after Battle of Severack that as long as Tigre was still alive even they manage to capture Nice, Brune will never be fallen so easily.
- Currently, Tigre has military authority aligned to Brune Crown itself as Regin promote him into Brune Top General and give him full authority of having entire Brune Army under his command.