|Incomplete: This article is currently incomplete, including grammar mistakes, empty sections and unfinished sentences. Reader's discretion is advised. Please do not make random edits unless you have a proper information from the source material.|
|Location||Southern Brune Territories|
|Result|| Tigre returns to Brune |
Formation of the Moonlight Knights
Sachstein Army's Southern Invasion Fails
Rumors about Tigre's "treachery" spreads to Nice
|Light Novel Volumes||LN Volume 11|
Homecoming Arc is the first story arc of Arc Three from the Madan no Ou to Vanadis series. This arc primarily features Tigre's return to Brune in order to prevent the Sachstein Army's latest invasion towards Brune via Nemetacum. Months after Asvarre Civil War and events surrounding Tigre's amnesia, and two years after the Brune Civil War, this arc is also the opening story of the Third Saga of the series.
The Stolen DurandalEdit
One night, several intruders infiltrate the Royal Palace and split in two small group, with one group of three assassins attempts to assassinate Regin while she sleep.[Notes 1] [Notes 2] Just as they jump onto Regin however, they are ambushed by Auguste and the Calvados Knights where one knight kills an assassin with a crossbow. [Notes 3]  [Notes 4] In a short yet fierce battle, Auguste and the Calvados Knights manage to slay the two remaining assassins despite the later losing two soldiers by the last assassins's poison darts. Just as Auguste investigates the assassination, Regin wakes up due to the commotion sympathizes for Auguste's fallen knights. While explaining the incident to her, Auguste urges Regin to move into another room but the Princess tells the knight that she will be staying in her room. After clearing the pool of blood, one of his knight begins to question over the sudden assassination attempts at nighttime.
Meanwhile, the remaining four intruders escape from Nice Royal Palace via Luberon Mountain's slope and rendezvous with Greast in an old house. After receiving the Durandal and rewarding the intruders with bags of gold and a room, Greast looks forward to the chaos yet to start with interest, as the situation is a dangerous combination of Melisande's secret rebellion and Sachstein's invasion. At the same time, he also wonders the whereabouts of Ganelon who he claims should have returned from Zhcted 6 days back.
Regin is later informed about the theft of Durandal and a search is conducted within the Royal Palace. Even after a throughout search of the entire palace until dawn, neither Durandal nor its thieves are found. Nonetheless, Regin orders her men to keep searching for the Royal Weapon (Treasure). To prevent the incident from leaking, Regin and Badouin resort to replace it with a replica of Durandal before the Halo Festival. [Notes 5]
Halo Festival: A Bitter Rivalry Between Royal CousinsEdit
Immediately after Durandal's disappearance, Nice Royal Palace is celebrate Halo Festival where aristocrats and noble[Notes 6] across the continent are attending a lavish banquet in the Palace. During the banquet, Regin confronts her cousin Melisande[Notes 7] who accuses her for presenting a fake Durandal, instantly raises all guests' suspicions. Even Regin tries to deny her cousin's allegations, Melisande proceeds to insult Regin publicly as she challenges her to prove Durandal's authenticity by swinging the sword onto the ground despite Mashas's and Hughes's interference and Regin's retort.
Armand ions in and support Melisande [Notes 8]by telling Regin that her first cousin has a "right" to know Durandal's status due to her regal lineage, all the while claiming that presenting a fake sword is considered as an insult to the Halo Festival. Even being defended by Gerard's sarcastic retaliation, Regin stops her Royal Secretary from disrespecting the Viscount. Still, Armand ignores Regin's and Hughes's warning as he walks to the Durandal, picks it up and swings it with full force on the ground which he "deliberately" shatters the sword into pieces. The broken sword surprises everyone as they gasp in disbelief while staring at Regin with a suspicious glare, prompting Armand and Melisande to smirk as if they successfully humiliate Regin in public.
Surprisingly, Regin remains calm [Notes 9]and tells everyone regards the failed assassination attempt and revise the palace's security without breaking her confidence, confuses Melisande and Armand. Just as Regin pauses her speech, Badouin and the appear and show the guest the "real" Durandal [Notes 10] and Regin then finishes her speech by reminds everyone that Durandal will always protect Brune and its citizens. Later, the prime minister and the guards return the "Durandal" to a room. Regin's speech immediately silences everyone including Melisande and Armand, who, due to their disturbance, are then being arrested by the palace guards and being escorted away from the banquet Halls.
Sachstein's Resumed InvasionEdit
Meanwhile at Sachstein, King Augusto[Notes 11] learns about Brune's three great heroes (Faron, Roland and Thenardier) death two years after Brune's Civil War while (slightly) smirks and recalls how troublesome they were to halt his army's failed invasion attempts towards Brune.[Notes 12] After making a detailed investigation about Regin and Tigre, Augsto decides to deploy his best subordinates to lead his 70,000 troops for Sachstein's latest invasion: Hans will lead the Southern Invasion Division to invade Nemetacum and Brune's southern ports while Leonhardt will lead the Western Invasion Division towards Nice.
As a respond to Sachstein Army's latest invasion, Brune Army is split into two main units: Bouroullec would lead the Southern Defense along with Scheie and Lutece Knight in repelling Hans's Southern Invasion Division, while the Navarre Knights would fight alongside with Brune Army's Western Defense in fending off Leonhardt's Western Invasion Division. For a week, due to Hill Fort's solidified defenses[Notes 13], Brune Army's soldiers had to refrain themselves from attacking Sachstein's Nemetacum Invasion Unit while observing their enemy's[Notes 14] movements. On the campaign's eighth day, both armies fight in a violent battle [Notes 15][Notes 16] until Sachstein soldiers suddenly retreat from battle, seemly favoring the Brune Army as they pursuing their retreating enemies despite Scheie's initial worries.[Notes 17] Just as Brune Army charges towards Hill Fort however, Sachstein Army corner them by launching a counterattack where Sachstein archers firing volleys of arrows to their enemies. Scheie and his 500 cavalrymen try to escape while routing their enemy as much as they could, only to be under attacked by Sachstein soldier's bolts. Consequently, Sachstein Army's relentless retaliation forces Scheie and Bouroullec to command a full retreat from Hill Fort. With merely 7,000 (only 5,000 remains operational) soldiers barely survive the onslaught, Brune Army suffers its another disastrous defeat since their battle in Dinant Plains two years ago.
Tigre's Reunion with the Vanadises Edit
Elsewhere, Zhcted is celebrating its annual Sun Festival where festivities and events are held in Silesia. From Silesia Imperial Palace, Tigre remains uncomfortable over his new attire while thinking his remaining time in Zhcted, especially after a recommendation by King Viktor in joining the banquet before returning to Brune. [Notes 18] Within the crowd, Tigre meets Elen who asks him about her dress that including the silver bracelet she wears at her left arm. Elen also asserts that since its his first Sun Festival [Notes 19], she invites Tigre to meet everyone in the Banquet Hall Room which Tigre obliges. Whilst the two meets Lim and Titta in one room, Tigre praises the girls [Notes 20]over their formal attire before Lim informs Elen and Tigre about Mila's and Sofy's arrival in Silesia Imperial Palace's guest rooms. Hoping to reunite the Vanadises he befriends, Tigre decides to pay them a visit.
Tigre and three girls firstly visits Mila at her guest room. Initially looked sour as she staring at Tigre who views her like a snow fairy and greets her with smile and courtesy, Mila is relief to see Tigre despite her denial her worries for him, prompts Elen sarcastically teases her feelings towards Tigre[Notes 21]. After telling Tigre that she appreciates his gift and will invite him to Olmutz for her self-brewed tea[Notes 22] some day, Mila praises Titta for finding Tigre in Lebus but Titta replies that she was able to reunite with Tigre because of Mashas's and Lim's help. Next, the group proceed to find Sofy in her guest room where the latter walks towards Tigre and hugs him, much to the girls dumbfounded reaction. When asked by Mila to release Tigre, Sofy requests to giver her more time since she has waited for her reunion with Tigre after learned his survival from a letter. While in Sofy's clutches and seeing Vanadises' (Mila and Sofy) gazes, Tigre apologizes to Sofy for making her worry and thanks her for a rescue attempt. Sofy later releases Tigre and invites him for a dance but Tigre decline as he claims that he is poor at it.[Notes 23]. Anyways, Tigre asks Sofy about Olga's whereabouts, to which Sofy replies that the Earth Vanadis has just arrived to the imperial palace while suggests to find her together. Initially worries Olga's unfriendliness with Sofy, Tigre invites the Light Vanadis to join his group to find Olga.
Later, Tigre and his company encounters Liza at the palace's corridor. After their greeting, Tigre asks Liza about her right arm and touches her right hand which he feels as a child,[Notes 24]which Liza explains that her recovery at least allows her to hold small objects and writing and drawing. Regardless, Tigre is happy to hear her arm's recovery and gently grasps her right hands much to Liza's delight. Mila and Sofy are surprised to see their unexpected relationship and learn his amnesia and his life in Lebus for a year ago. Initially confused and annoyed by Tigre's friendly interaction[Notes 25] with her fellow Vanadises, Liza requests Tigre to call her casual name and vice versa which Tigre obliges, prompts Liza's face blushes red. With Liza joins the group under Tigre's invitation despite her displeasure[Notes 26], the group proceed to find Olga. With four Vanadises in Tigre's group, Elen tells Tigre that they could beat 100,000 enemies[Notes 27] effortlessly which garners Tigre's interest despite his skepticism.
Eventually, the group arrive to Olga's guest room where Olga is delighted to see Tigre and jumps onto him, prompts Elen and Mila to separate the two.[Notes 28] After her introduction to everyone, Olga explains her reason to leave Brest was in order to understand a definition of being king, to which nearly antagonizing anyone but Tigre who heard it from Asvarre. To Tigre and the girls (Vanadises, Lim and Titta) shock[Notes 29] however, Olga reveals that the King she has been seeking for is Tigre and boldly proposes a marriage proposal to Tigre in front of everyone. When Tigre urges Olga to explain the details regarding the marriage, Olga explains its importance for the Horse Tribes[Notes 30][Notes 31][Notes 32] and even she acknowledge that she cannot to be together, she insists the marriage due to their Houses' prestige. Nevertheless, Tigre informs Olga that he is not ready to accept her marriage proposal yet, much to Olga's dismay as she asks if the marriage is impossible. The Brune Hero instead asks Olga to wait four more years[Notes 33]for his answers, which Olga complies. After their conversation, Tigre and his group proceed to the Imperial Palace's Banquet Hall.
Royal Banquet and Eugene's Ascension as Viktor's SuccessorEdit
Tigre and his group eventually arrive to the Imperial Palace's Banquet Hall, where guest aristocrats and nobility are seen during the feast. Whilst reluctantly greets with various aristocrats under Elen's encouragement, Tigre also sees eight flags (One is the Zhcted's Black Dragon Flag while the remaining seven represent Vanadises's territories) hanging at the back of the Banquet Hall, in which the Legnica Flag-one of Zhcted's territorial flags- gives Elen a painful memory of her late friend's passing. At the same time, Ilda approaches in front of the trio (Tigre, Elen and Liza) and meets Tigre for the first time [Notes 34] while asking him to teach him archery skills sometime, much to Tigre's surprise.
Valentina is next to meet the Tigre and his company while greeting them (though Sofy had to raise her wariness towards her) with courtesy before turning her attention towards the Brune Hero himself, further claims that she has yearned to meet him due to his reputation in quelling Brune's Civil War and saving Regin. Whilst holding Tigre's hands, Valentina also whsipering to Tigre's ear by revealing that this meeting is their second encounter, much to Tigre's surprise.
In the midst of the banquet, Eugene [Notes 35] appears at the Banquet Hall and announcing King Viktor's arrival and orders a silent welcome. Whilst thanking guest for joining the banquet, Viktor also declares Eugene as his successor of Zhcted's next king, much to everyone's mixed reaction [Notes 36] but applaud the king decision anyways. As Viktor and Eugene leave the Imperial Palace Banquet Hall, the banquet proceeds where everyone indulging the delicacies.
Alsace Earl and Zhcted KingEdit
During the banquet, Tigre visits Viktor in his room under a servent calling, where both men discuss anything regarding his (Tigre's) involvement in Asvarre's civil affair and his naval incident in Asvarre Seas, which Viktor's deems it as a voluntary work.[Notes 37] Nevertheless, Viktor apologizes to Tigre again while thanking him for rescuing Sofy during the Civil War whilst creating a diplomatic relationship between Asvarre and Zhcted. As his gratitude, Viktor intends to give Tigre any reward[Notes 38] he wishes but the archer becomes hesitant when he didn't reply to the king's question.
In a surprising twist, Viktor suggests Tigre to become Brune's King[Notes 39] due of his close relationships with almost all Vanadises in Zhcted[Notes 40]; additionally, Viktor would invite him to work under his administration in Zhcted should Tigre doesn't wishes to be king. Staggeringly, due to his hesitation and suspicions towards Viktor's scheme, in which prompts the old king to question his ambitions despite his illustrious reputations, Tigre declines Viktor's the lucrative offers because he feels satisfied as Alsace's Earl and as his fidelity towards Regin and Brune, much to Viktor's disappointment.[Notes 41][Notes 42][Notes 43]
Nevertheless, Viktor warns Tigre that his lack of ambitions and desire are his weaknesses as it will raise some peers' (especially retainers and aristocrats) suspicions over his hidden agenda; moreover, he also adds that since most people dislike a selfless hero like Tigre out of sheer jealousy or animosity. When Viktor asks Tigre about the reward again, Tigre only requests several gold coins before Viktor himself includes 20 carriages and 40 horses as his additional reward. Just as Tigre is about to leave the room, Viktor urges Tigre to talk with Eugene before his departure from Zhcted. After leaving the room, Tigre is still bothered by Viktor's words about ambitions which reminds him about Tallard (who has insatiable ambitions), someone whom Tigre doesn't wishes to be.
Discussion of The DemonsEdit
One night after the banquet, Tigre and the Vanadises are holding a meeting in a nearby mansion. From Vodyanoy and Torbalan to Baba Yaga, the Vanadises (barring Valentina) share their experiences regards their encounters and battles against the demons, including Tigre's Black Bow's power that rescued them from numerous dangers. As Tigre explains anything about the Black Bow that garners the Vanadises's mixed reactions Tir Na Fal[Notes 44], Mila asks Tigre anything about his House and his mother who she suspect in practicing sorcery, to which Tigre denies[Notes 45] as he attributes her as a daughter of Nice's former Royal Gardener [Notes 46] [Notes 47] and passed away when he was nine-years old, garnering everyone's sympathy. Nevertheless, Tigre tells everyone that he will investigate his mother once he returns to Brune, with Sofy urges him not to overwork himself.
The meeting proceeds where the Vanadises conclude that the demons view Tigre and his Black bow as their objective for their unknown motivations.[Notes 48] Among all six Vanadises however, only Valentina expresses her "doubts" as she reminds everyone that Tigre will be leaving after the Sun Festival[Notes 49] and asks him about his next move. In response, Tigre requests everyone's cooperation to deal the demons which everyone relent[Notes 50] before Valentina herself leaves the meeting. Tiger's thought about Valentina opts Elen to pinch his ear as her warning for not to trust the Void Vanadis so easily[Notes 51], though it also lead to Sofy's teasing[Notes 52] that causes Elen's face blushes read. Olga speaks up by claiming that while Valentina didn't have bad intentions, she also anxious because she assumes that the Void Vanadis didn't believe their stories. Tiger on the other hand assumes Valentina hasn't seen any demons before. Regardless, Elen tells everyone to be satisfied over the issue while indulging the temporary peace, where everyone agree[Notes 53]before the Mila discussing how to keep contact with Tigre before his departure from Brune.
Viktor's Announcement of Sachstein Invasion Edit
The next day, Tigre visits Eugene and congratulates him for his ascension but the Earl is too embarrassed to receive his compliment. As Eugene tells Tigre about his acquaintance with his father and sending his condolences to his late parents, Tigre thank Eugene regard to Elen and Lim whom Eugene hold dear as he not only talks about them [Notes 54], he also urges Tigre to get along with the girls as well. Eugene then asks Tigre about his plan after his return to Brune, to which the latter brings up his yesterday's conversation with Viktor. After hearing Tigre's story, Eugene persuades Tigre to consider Viktor's words as an encouragement instead, further explains that he (Tigre) will going to face Brune's political strife since Regin herself is facing her rising oppositions against her. Despite his suspicions and unsatisfactory even after listening to Eugene's explanation[Notes 55], Tigre reluctantly accepts Eugene's words[Notes 56] before thanking him and leaves his office.
As the Sun Festival's feast continues, Viktor appears and informs everyone a shocking news about Sachstein's recent invasion towards Brune, much to Tigre's shock. As Zhcted's support in aiding Brune to repel their western enemy, Viktor decides to dispatch Elen to help Tigre with her 2,000 troops. Mila volunteers herself to assist Tigre but Viktor rejects her proposal and tasks her to keep an eye on Muozinel instead[Notes 55], before the later tasks Liza to watch Asvarre's movement and, lastly, he surprises everyone by dispatching Valentina to assist Tigre and Elen to repel the invading Sachstein Army. Of all Vanadises however, Sofy finds Valentina's participation to be dubious as she explains to Viktor that Osterode is far away from Brune and asks the old king if he had a plan, to which Viktor replies that he doesn't need it because Osterode didn't poses any threats. Valentina then calmly replies to the old king that she will obliges his offer to save Brune under the alliance between the two kingdom. Even having two Vanadises and 5,000 soldiers as his reinforcements, Tigre senses uneasiness as he gazes at Valentina while wondering about Viktor's sudden decision. Regardless, he pardon himself to Viktor and leaves the banquet hall with Lim, Titta and the Vanadises.
At the hallway, Tigre thanking Valentina for her participation [Notes 57]and they decide to go separated ways for Brune: Tigre will return to Leitmeritz with Elen while Valentina will depart for Northern Brune via a sea-route from Osterode's harbor. [Notes 58] After the Void Vanadis excuses herself and leaves the Imperial Palace, Tigre asks Sofy anything about Sachstein which Sofy and Elen describe it as brutal yet renowned for their war mechanism and mercenaries. Nevertheless, Lim urges Tigre to make haste before Sachstein Army's towards Brune. Having bidding farewell to the rest of the Vanadises[Notes 59], Tigre and the three girls are leaving Silesia for Leitmeritz at dawn .
The Three-Faced GoddessEdit
In an unknown place, Drekavac and Vodyanoy are walking down into an in-depth cavern. When Vodyanoy asks Drekavac why didn't he rescued Baba Yaga before, Drekavac simply replies that it was due to his encounter with Koschei, much to the frog demon's silence. The demons eventually arrive to a gray wall while looking at an image of the Three-Faced Goddess[Notes 60], who subdued a dragon. Whilst mentioning Tigre's "growth" that went according to their plan, Drekavac remarks his imagination of a chaotic human world [Notes 43] before leaving the unnamed cavern.
Tigre's Homecoming in BruneEdit
Five days later, Tigre and his allies return to Leitmeritz where they are greeted by Rurick, Aram and other Leitmeritz soldiers. After confirms her troops formations via Rurick's infomation (except the news from Brune[Notes 61]), Elen delivers her speech to her soldiers before their departure: she informs everyone about Sachstein's latest invasion on Brune's western provinces and warns them that Leitmeritz's peace would be in jeopardy should Sachstein successfully invade Brune. [Notes 62]After listening to Elen's speech, all Leitmeritz soldiers decide to follow their commander's order much to Elen's delight as she tells everyone that they will be leaving for Brune in a moment.
Return of Alsace's EarlEdit
Upon their arrival to Alsace[Notes 63][Notes 64] in a few days, Tigre and the Leitmeritz Army are greeted warmly by his people, including Elvin who governs Alsace under Regin's decree. While informs TIgre about Alsace's condition, Elvin initially stares at Elen and the Leitmeritz Army[Notes 65]but eventually escorts them to a local inn after he hears Tigre's explanation. Tigre also meets one of Alsace's representative [Notes 66]and asks him if he can provide some soldiers, to whichhe replies that he has has sixty men (archer and spear-men) under him and they are readily to fight for Tigre's name. Instead, Tigre tells his men to defend Alsace so he and his allies will able to fight his enemies without worrying his territory. At the same day, Alsace holds a feast to celebrate Tigre's homecoming until nightfall. Somewhere in Alsace's field where Tigre and Elen are watching a starry night while picnicking, Elen mutters Alsace's warm welcome and her wish to have a hometown. Tigre notices Elen's muttering and asks her about her origins but Elen replies that she doesn't know and reveals her adoption under the Silver Gale Mercenaries since her babyhood[Notes 67]; furthermore, due to her longtime experience as a mercenary than a Vanadis, she adds that she hardly considers Leitemritz as her hometown despite her love for her territory and people. Before Tigre could even ask Elen more questions, Elen asks Tigre about his next move where Tigre replies that they will leave Alsace for Territore and meet Mashas and his allies. [Notes 67] Elen also asks Tigre about his plans to marry anyone or placing an heir[Notes 68], something Tigre tries to dodge but under Elen's pressure, who is eagerly to hear his answer, [Notes 69] Tigre replies that he has yet to decide [Notes 70] his future wife or concubines, especially Titta [Notes 71] and Lim [Notes 72]. While Elen laments her ties and obligations[Notes 73], Tigre asks Elen about her own future but Elen tells him not to worry since Arifar will seek someone as its new owner once she retires.
Reuniting House Rodant in TerritoreEdit
Three days later, Tigre and his allies leave Alsace for Territore and rendezvous with Mashas and 3,000 strong Rodant Army, though not House Augre because they were busy to handle Nice's affairs. [Notes 74] In the same time, Tigre also happily to see Gaspard who apologizes for unable to participate the Brunish Civil War.
Meeting with Brune Army Southern DefenseEdit
(To be added...)
At Muozinel, Kureys also learn Sachstein's latest invasion from Damad and finds it worrying as if it could jeopardizing his another invasion attempt onto Brune and even concerns about Sachstein's unknown motive for its invasion[Notes 75]. Kureys then asks Damad if Tigre-whom he believes to be alive-witnesses Brune's impending troubles from Zhcted, which Damad denies as he explains that Tigre will rush back to his home kingdom and fight his enemies for his people's sake, like his battle in Agnes two years ago.[Notes 76] Kureys then asks Damad if taking his people as hostages would force Tigre's surrender, but Damad counters as he warns that doing so could only strengthen his resolve instead. Nevertheless, Kureys decides to dispatch a messenger for Sachstein to seek an alliance for a joint-invasion upon Brune while preparing his own 20,000 troops to "attack" Olmutz. When Damad manage to guess the plan, where the army will be act as a diversion[Notes 77], Kureys also plots an unknown plan to enforce his invasion attempt. Without moving even one soldier, Muozinel Army begins its invasion again.
Formation of The Moonlight KnightsEdit
After a collision army is forged by both Leitmeritz Army and Brune Army, Elen asks Tigre about a new name for the new army but Tigre is still unable to think of a good name.[Notes 78][Notes 79] In evening, Tigre continues to discuss the army's new name by consulting with other generals (Lim, Rurick, Mashas, Gaspard) until Titta suggests to name the army the Moonlight Knights, which based on Tigre's tittle that given by the late Faron. As everyone is surprised over the name, Titta timidly explains that it is due to a moonlight's beauty which is favored by Regin herself. After ensuring Titta that they will meet Regin soon, Tigre and everyone decide to name their army as the Moonlight Knights.
Second Battle of Plainville: Moonlight Knights vs Klugel ArmyEdit
First Round: The Siege of Hill FortEdit
The next morning, Moonlights Knight arrives to Plainville Hills and watching the fortress from afar. After seeing a massive fort, Mashas stating that Shaie's and Bouroullec's stories aren't exaggerating and believes the battle they participate could be a siege battle, which worries Tigre due to their army's extreme disadvantages. Nevertheless, Tigre suggests that they (Moonlight Knight) will have to surround the Hill Fort's southern side which Mashas agrees. Meanwhile, whilst drawing the fort's blueprint, Hans also learns Moonlight Knights's arrival via his general message while assuming that Zhcted has responded to Brune's crisis a bit too quick. Even being protected by the durable fortress, Hans worries that fighting against the likes of Tigre and Elen are "too early" so he decided to have 5,000 men to defend the fortress whilst he leds his 5,000 troops on the left flank by himself.
The battle begins where Sachstein Army's archers fire bolts at the Moonlight Knights' Right Wing units, only to be surprised to see Elen's wind barrier that deflecting their bolts. As retaliation, Elen commands her archers to fire their five volleys (two waves) of arrows at their enemies, seemly dropping their enemy's momentum despite their best equipments. Regardless, Elen and Lim remains vigilant over the Sachstein Army [Notes 80] as they see defense mechanism that surrounds the fort as Elen leads her unit for its charge. Meanwhile, Tigre commences a full assault and the battle quickly turns violent as Brune Army seek vengeance and retribution for their previous defeat. To Tigre and Mashas surprise, Sachstein Army suddenly retreats and Hill Fort's size becomes even bigger than its original-self, forces Tigre to command a full withdraw from battle. However, fueled by desire of revenge, the Left Wing Unit soldiers refuses to comply and pursue the retreating Sachtstein Army due to the enemy's provocation, only to realizes that they are being lured into a trap before Tigre himself kills four Sachstein soldiers (three captains), allowing their chance of retreat. After reunites with Mashas and other units, Tigre also learns that 5,000 troops under Hans are marching towards the Right Wing Unit, prompt Tigre to send a messenger for Elen. Back in a battle Elen also see more 5,000 troops from afar as she slays forty enemies, prompts her to charge towards the main force alone but later changes her mind after watching the battle's flow and listens to Lim's advice[Notes 81].
The battle results the Moonlight Knights's lost of 600 soldiers, which Mashas could only laments over Sachstein Army's fortitude. Scheie and Bouroullec apologize to Tigre for letting more soldiers died but Tigre forgives them and reassures the generals that there will be another chance for redemption. [Notes 82] In evening, six generals (Tigre, Elen, Lim, Mashas, Shaie and Bouroullec) are holding the war council where they, including Lim and Elen [Notes 83] [Notes 84]are concern their formidable enemy and when Tigre asks Elen about Sachstein's next move, much to everyone's frustration, Elen replies that they (Sachstein soldiers) would likely to repeat their tactics until the Moonlight Knights takes their bait and fall into their ambush, meaning the Moonlight Knights cannot proceed until their fin ways to lure Sachstein Army out from the fort. Before the generals could discuss their next retaliation, Rurick interrupts the meeting and tells everyone that he need to inform Elen something important. Elen leaves the tent with Rurick while the remaining five generals begins to rearrange their tactics to defeat Sachstein Army in a different approach.
In Hill Fort, Hans is upset over his army's 1,000 men casualties while thinking about his battles against Elen[Notes 84] and Tigre[Notes 85] whom he claims to be more formidable that the suggested rumor. Just as he think about his army's possible victory[Notes 86], something bothers Hans as he begins to worry that even his impregnable fortress [Notes 87]cannot help him to outlast Moonlight Knight's attack, though he noticed that defeating or capturing Tigre and Elen might bring extraordinary achievement. Nevertheless, he decides to observe the battle for a little longer.
Second Round: Valentina's Tactics of DeceitEdit
At the Moonlight Knights' camp, a meeting between Tigre-along with Elen and Lim-and Tina is held in her horse carriage. There, Tina tells them that she arrived Brune alone and her visit in Plainville Hills was a "coincidence". Just as Tina offering her strategy to Tigre, Elen interrupts by sarcastically asks her fellow Vanadis[Notes 88] to bring Hans's head via Ezendeis's power, though the latter turn silent after hearing Tina's retaliation[Notes 89]. Tina continues by explaining her first plan: they will arrange a mock negotiation between two commanders under several "conditions", then they will assassinate the enemy commander and escape via teleportation and put the blame to those who did not comply; additionally, once the enemy becomes disoriented they would utilizes an opportunity to annihilate all enemies with ease. Initially sensing antagonism towards her plan, Tigre rejects [Notes 90][Notes 91]the first plan but approves Tina's alternative plan[Notes 92]. After the meeting, Elen asks Tigre why not choose Tina's first plan in spite its effectiveness, to which Tigre replies that it didn't match his style, much to Elen's relief due to her distrust towards Tina. Lim also voices her anger as she fears that Tigre's and Elen's reputation could be tainted had he accept Valentina's plan.
In evening, Tigre is bathing at a nearby river and sees an artificial rose floating towards him. Just as he picks and examines the "flower", Valentina, in her naked body, rushes out from the shrubs and stumbles upon Tigre, prompts Tigre to turn around and apologizes for the commotion. However, Tigre is hold by Tina when she summons Ezendeis and points its blade to his chest and even as he admits his mistakes, she threaten Tigre that she would cut him down as her "punishment" [Notes 93] but later revealed to be a joke . Upon learning Viralt's functions while returning the artificial roses to Tina, Tigre asks if she truly let the incident slide, to which Tina replies (via teasing) that she only did so because of his honesty and innocence, much to Tigre's embarrassment before seeing Tina bids her farewell and leaves the riverbank.
Hans and ValentinaEdit
At Hill Fort, Hans orders his men to observe the enemies while having his dinner before being told by a messenger that he receiving a visit from a Vanadis, who is revealed to be Tina instead of Elen[Notes 94]. Despite his initial suspicions[Notes 95], Hans reluctantly let her in and a negotiation begins where Tina initially proposing Sachstein Army's surrender. Rather than berating her over a proposal he views insolent, Hans instead smiles and urges Tina to leave only to be surprised when he hearing her "defection" to Sachstein and aiding its invasion onto Brune. To seek confirmation despite his confusion, Hans asks Tina about this odd request to which she replies that because Zhcted's involvement in foreign affairs [Notes 96] [Notes 96], while even lying by claiming Tigre as Zhcted's "citizen" instead of Brune's war hero. As the Void Vanadis suggests to slowly destroying Brune while ceding some borders territory to Sachstein if the invasion is a success, Hans finds the plot to be interesting but reminds her that he is still distrust her, though Valentina reassures that she would going to cause "confusion" within the Moonlight Knights's ranks before leaving. On the next day, Valentina arrives to Hill Fort again and she is given a "hospitality" by Hans, though in reality is a plot to imprison the Void Vanadis with his 100 men.
Decisive Turning PointEdit
(To be added....)
Meanwhile, Hill Fort is attacked by the Moonlight Knights where Tigre sniping down all of its defenders while Lutece Knights cutting down the enemies. During the skirmish, Tigre is searching for Tina only to be shocked[Notes 97] to learn that she is safe and she already set Hill Fort on fire[Notes 98] with her artificial roses, which revealed to be flammable. Nevertheless, Tina requests Tigre to carry her which the latter complies in spite his worries and suspicions[Notes 99]. During their escape, Tina asks Tigre why did he accepted her second suggestion, of which he claims that the thought this plan is going well but warns her that he probably rejected that plan if he didn't knew Ezendeis's Veda and this would be his last time in accepting her plot. Deeming his remark to be "rude", Tina pinches Tigre's ear that prompting him to shout in pain.
Third Round: Hans's Last Stand and DemiseEdit
Despite losing 30% of his army and Fort Hill, the invasion proceeds when Hans orders his remaining 13,000 troops to camp at a nearby hill in Bauval Plains[Notes 100]. Whilst waiting for food and water supplies from Nemetacum, Hans then orders his two subordinates to report two separated messages: One would return to Sachstein and inform Zhcted's participation in the war, while the other will spread a false rumor about Tigre's "treachery" as Zhcted's "puppet general" to Nice.[Notes 101] Initially hopping their limited sullies would hold the army for a day, Hans is glad to hear a news over their incoming supplies and tells his men to seek victory and redemption for their previous humiliation, seemly revitalize the Sachstein Army's confidence.
Meanwhile, the Moonlight Knights are replenishing their supplies and taking a rest[Notes 102] before their march for Bauval Plains while leaving 1,000 men to secure their latest stronghold. As Elen viewing Sachstein Army's morale remains high even with their previous defeat, Tigre tells her that they still have to fight much, much to Mashas and Scheie's impression as they remark over the capture of Fort Hill. [Notes 103]. Prior the preparations, Elen informs Tigre that Tina is staying inside her carriage due to her "sickness" while acting as a reserved unit, which confuses Tigre as he begin to suspect his new ally's health but decides to let it pass. Still, Elen's suspicions doesn't stop there as she heard rumors about Tigre carrying Tina and asks him if he is tricked by the Void Vanadis, to which Tigre quickly denies and his answers instead amazes and admires Elen simultaneously before their departure for battle.
In their final standoff, both armies fight gallantly but Sachstein Southern Army's tenacity and persistence are proven formidable for the Moonlight Knights, forcing the army's both Wings Unit (Leitmeritz Army, Gaspar Unit and Bouroullec Unit) to retaliate against their foe. Tigre apologizes to Mashas for the miscalculations[Notes 104] but the old Earl urges Tigre to return alive even in defeat or using his men as shield. When Tigre leads his 300 men from Central Unit to help Bouroullec Unit and slay some soldiers, Elen appears and offers Arifal's help to change the tide but Tigre declines as he is thinking a newer plan. Meanwhile, Hans is preparing the upcoming ambush against the upcoming Moonlight Knights with his 500 archers 's struggle while preparing his 500 archers, which he initially believes that it will halt the enemy's advance. Rather than advancing for the hill, the Moonlight Knights halt their march as Tigre fires three fire arrows to the foothill within 300 Alsins, much to Hans's astonishment. To worsen the situation for Sachstein Army, Tigre's men also throw oil bags to the foothill in order to create a huge smoke to surround the entire hill, which leads to Hans's frustration and instantly demoralizes the Sachstein Army.
The smokescreen gives the Moonlight Knights an advantage against the already disoriented enemy, forces Hans to escape with his bodyguards. Tigre sees this and fires his arrow to an escaping Sachstein Army's leader, where the latter is hit by an arrow that pierces through his throat and fell from his horse and sees his dices rolling out from his sleeves. In his effort to reach his prized possession, Hans silently lamenting for unable to bid his farewell to his soldiers and his dying dreams for building a formidable castle, before eventually perishes. Therefore, the battle between the Sachstein Army and Moonlight Knights is over where the Moonlight Knights are victorious.
With their commander's death, many surviving Sachstein soldiers reluctantly surrender to the Moonlight Knight. Staggeringly, instead of accepting them as prisoners[Notes 105], Tigre frees the soldiers and asks them to bury their fallen comrades in their home kingdom. One surviving Sachstein adjutant however takes Tigre's mercy as an insult as he tells Tigre to either kill them or allow them to join their ranks, only to be swayed by Tigre's kindness as he asks him if he wishes to bring Hans's body back to Sachstein. When Elen asks Tigre about his next move,[Notes 106]Tigre replies that the army will be heading for Nice to report their victory to Regin and take a rest for another upcoming battle, without knowing that rumors about his "treason" has already spreading in Nice. Meanwhile, Tina is awaken from her nap inside and remarking the outcome of the Plainville Plains which she finds it satisfying. Whilst muttering about Viktor's "motives" towards Osterode during her absence, she highly anticipates her expectations towards Tiger before she suddenly recalling Elen's and Lim's addressing Tigre's casual name, prompting the Void Vanadis to plot another scheme to meet Tigre again.
Legnica's New Vanadis and Olmutz's New ThreatEdit
Somewhere at a wasteland between Silesia and Legnica, a woman named Figneria is holding and staring at the Bargren with a surprised look as it announces her as a new Vanadis. Whilst being astonished to see the Fire Viralt for the first time, Fine also recalls her past acquaintance with the Silver Gale Mercenaries's Vissarion and his adopted "daughter" Elen, whom she knows before the mercenary group's dissolution while disbelieves that herself became a Vanadis[Notes 107]like Elen. Nevertheless, Fine decides to keep the weapon and continues her journey for Silesia.At Olmutz, ten days after the Sun Festival, Mila receiving a report regarding the presence of Muozinel Army's 5,000 soldiers at Molave Riverside. Initially dubious over Muozinel Army's lesser soldiers[Notes 108], Mila further prepares her trip for Fort Forney with her 2,000 troops despite her ministers and generals urge her not to go by herself[Notes 109][Notes 110]. After dispatching messengers to Polesia for Sofy and some aristocrats, Mila leads her troops for Fort Forney while leaving her generals and 1,000 men to secure the imperial palace. After consuming four days trip, Mila and her troops arrive to Fort Forney and greeted by a local commander Rezanov. When Mila asks him regarding Muozinel Army's movements, Rezanov informs that Muozinel soldiers were crossing the Molave River back and forth, of which the soldiers claimed to be "march training". Just as Mila going to the the Fort's top while watching the Muozinel Army from afar, Rezanov expresses his suspicions towards their enemy, to which Mila agrees [Notes 108] as the Ice Vanadis holds her Lavias and watches the enemy soldiers from afar.
- Sachstein Invasion of Brune
- Sachstein is introduced as Brune's western rival kingdom which has been attempted invading the kingdom in numerous times, in spite most of these attempts were thwarted by Roland and the Navarre Knights.
- Besides Sachstein, Melisande, the widow and only survivor of the House Thenardier, as well as Faron's niece and Regin's first cousin, also introduced as a main antagonist in this and next arc. As Regin's biggest opposition, she finally makes her move by using House Thenardier's remaining influence and power in order to overthrow Regin and place herself as Brune's next ruler instead. Contrasted with her late husband however, Melisande broke Thenardier's patriotic code by inviting Sachstein to Brune through surrendering half of Nemetacum to Sachstein.
- Durandal's disappearance will jeopardize Regin's reign as the Queen of Brune,which means the kingdom will be facing an inevitable instability again since its previous civil war. In fact, Melisande's secret uprising and Sachstein Army's invasion further fueling Brune's already chaotic state.
- Even Regin did manage to deceive her cousin by preparing another fake "Durandal"[Notes 10], it didn't stop Melisande from trying to dethrone Regin by any means necessary, opts Mashas to believe that Melisande as a threat against Regin's reign.
- Tigre's participation in Zhcted's Sun Festival leads to his reunion with all five Vanadises (except Sasha who passed away) and his first encounter with Valentina. Unbeknownst to him however, aside from Olga's bold marriage proposal, the Vanadises except Valentina are now harboring their affections towards Tigre,
- Elen's jealousy becomes even more apparent as she sees Tigre's interaction with other Vanadises (Mila, Sofy, Olga and recently, Valentina) than the previous arcs.
- Mila and Liza view themselves as love rivals for Tigre's affection, especially after Mila learned Tigre's amnesia.
- Sofy's affection towards Tigre is shown when she almost cried over Tigre's good condition.
- Valentina meets Tigre for the second time since her first encounter in Perche Fortress (via espionage). Unlike other Vanadises whom Tigre befriended from the previous story arcs however, Valentina's actual motive in obtaining Tigre remains an enigma, something which Elen deems folly even after her "aid" in repelling the Sachstein Army from Plainville Hills.
- Olga's bold marriage proposal for Tigre has igniting fierce rivalries from all of Tigre's female friends (from Titta and Lim to the Vanadises) as they see the Earth Vanadis as their love rival for Tigre's affection.
- Four years from Homecoming Arc will foreshadow the rivalries between The Vanadises and other girls that harbor romantic affections towards Tigre. Even Tigre manage to postpone the marriage proposal from Olga for another four years, it will be enough to fuel more rivalries between the girls for their affections towards Tigre.
- Additionally, with Fine as the new Vanadis it would later foreshadowing her interest towards Tigre in the later story arc.
- Tigre make love with Elen to ease her trauma and profess their love after they retrieve Greast's head from Donny but later discovered by Mila and Sofy. It will foreshadow their movements to obtain Tigre's affection on future arcs.
- Viktor and Tigre meets in private for the first time away from the public.. Throughout the conversation between Zhcted King and Alsace Earl, it implies that Viktor is among of few [Notes 111] who see through Tigre's caliber as the "King" and even suggest him to be one despite the young Earl's hesitation.
- Viktor's upbringing is explained as a once passionate hunter before his ascension as the king.
- Viktor's warning about humility and selflessness would foretell Tigre's future struggles in winning other people's acceptance, even from Brune citizen. Eugene advise for Tigre might enforcing Viktor's statement as an "encouragement" to achieve his goal to be Brune's new king.
- Later, Regin will also add the pressure of Tigre decision for the future when Tigre was on Brune.
- Tir Na Fal's origins is briefly explained through the Vanadises's shocking expression.
- Tigre's mother is briefly mentioned by Tigre and her mysterious background might hints her connection to the Black Bow's Power.
- Drekavac's grim impression towards the Three-Faced Goddess reveals the demons's vile goals and further increasing Tigre's value for their wicked ambitions.
- Tigre, Elen and Leitmeritz Army return to Alsace for the first time since the post events of Brune's Civil War despite their stay there for only three days. This story arc also reveals that Elvin, one of Nice magistrate-was sent by Regin to keep Alsace's peace and tranquility under Tigre's absence to Leitmeritz.
- The Moonlight Knights, a revived incarnation of the Silver Meteor Army, is established by all former Silver Meteor Army generals (Tigre, Elen, Lim and Mashas) and supporters (except House Augre members) under Tigre's official tittle Lumiere.
- Coincidentally, Titta was the one who gave the name of the Moonlight Knights.
- Since Elen and Gaspard have been asked Tigre regarding his marriage due to his age, this has several impacts mentally on Tigre about deciding who will be Tigre's legal wife or if possible concubines, even though Olga already proposed him boldly to be her husband during Sun Festival.
- This also questioned Tigre's own future further after many pressure that comes to him about establishing his own future.
- On Muozinel's side, Kureys has yet to make his move since he want to make a showdown with Tigre either he will ally with Sachstein and work together or initiate an assault to Southern Brune when Sachstein is also advancing, triggering pincer attack from three sides (West and South West by Sachstein and South by Muozinel).
- Eventually, after hearing of Sachstein defeat he march the soldiers and keeping Ludmila on Fort Forney through skirmishes, Kureys use the same tactics that was used by Leonhardt The Lightning to slip past through Navarre Knights which in this case slipping past through Ludmila's Defenses at Agnes.
- Since its Western provinces are yet to be cleared from Sachstein Army's attack, Brune's condition worsen as the kingdom suffers pincer attacks by both Muozinel and Sachstein, although both kingdoms launched separated invasions towards their vulnerable target. Therefore, Brune Army's morale was well-dropped considerably due to Sachstein Army's decisive tactics that exhausted them despite the enemy was defeated by Tigre's led Moonlight Knights and Brune Knight's morale has yet to be recovered.
- Han is briefly introduced as a main antagonist in this story-arc. Whilst possessing talents in building formidable fortress despite his humble upbringing[Notes 112], Hans proven to be a tough opponent for Brune Army's Southern defense and even the Moonlight Knights for not only because of his unbreakable fortress, but his plan to deteriorate a relationship between Brune and Zhcted by framing Tigre as Zhcted's "puppet" general [Notes 113]. It requires Moonlight Army's three rounds and even utilizing Valentina's scheme to defeat his army, but his demise did not halt Sachstein Army's invasion as Western Invasion Unit proceed their advance under the leadership from Leonhardt the Blitz himself.
- Valentina's deceitful scheme plays a pivotal role in this story arc. Not only she assists the Moonlight Knights' victory via deception in tricking Hans Army to leave Hill Fort, it also allows her to create more chaos in Brune by influencing Han's decision to spread a false rumor about Tigre's "treason" (which was supposedly making Sachstein Army's invasion much easier) against Brune. This motive later revealed in Melisande's Uprising Arc as Valentina is actually yearns to see Tigre's Black Bow's power and "test" his worth . At the end however, neither sides are the wiser to realize that they were played under Valentina's scheme for Zhcted's crown.
- Her later suggestion become increasingly sinister in the later arcs, especially river poisoning plot that nearly risen Mashas's suspicions over her twisted agenda. Surprisingly, of all people who detest Valentina's suggestions, only Tigre doesn't judges her as a villain despite his initial antagonistic view against her methods.
- The aftermath of this battle gives a significant events in this story arc, especially for the Moonlight Knights. Even they successfully (momentarily) repels the invading Sachstein Army, Brune's upheavals still exists.
- Tigre will be accused as "traitor" again but this time through a false rumor by Hans before his demise under Valentina's plot. Even worse, the rumor itself spreads within Nice that deteriorating the already hostile view from Nice ministers and aristocrats, foretelling Tigre's second struggle to clear his name.
- Not realizing the deceit behind this rumor, some Nice aristocrats-who strongly despise Tigre despite his contributions in defeating Hans Army-switch their allegiance for Melisande to help her unsuccessful uprising to eliminate both Tigre and Regin.
- With Hans's death, Sachstein Army's Southern Invasion Division is entirely disintegrated but his demise did not halt Sachstein Army's invasion as Leonhardt vows to avenge his fallen comrade by plotting to defeat the Moonlight Knights in Prowirl Plains.
- While helping the Moonlight Knights gain their first victory over the invasive enemy, Valentina's interest towards Tigre grows after playing her role in Hans Invasion Unit's downfall while witnessing Elen's and Lim's relationship for Tigre. That interest alone foretells Valentina's devious plot to obtain Tigre by all means necessary, even if it would led her future rivalry against Elen or even ruining Tigre's reputation.
- Tigre will be accused as "traitor" again but this time through a false rumor by Hans before his demise under Valentina's plot. Even worse, the rumor itself spreads within Nice that deteriorating the already hostile view from Nice ministers and aristocrats, foretelling Tigre's second struggle to clear his name.
- Both Melisande and Tigre have their own reasons to invite foreign Armies to Brune: Tigre invites Elen and Zhcted during Brune Civil War to protect Alsace while Melisande invites Sachstein in order to take the crown of Brune from Regin (which is ironically opposed Thenardier's principles for not inviting foriegn army into Brune's soil).
- Despite Navarre Knights are not mentioned in this arc, the fact is either they are rallied to the capital under command of Regin or they are continuing to holding the battle lines at Western Border in order to delay Schmidt Invasion Unit's advance for Nice.